Engage Digital and kidSAFE® Seal Program Launch First Ever Digital Kids Safety Summit
Event producer Engage Digital is proud to announce it is partnering with kidSAFE® Seal Program to create the first ever Digital Kids™ Safety Summit – http://www.DigitalKidsSafety.com/ – taking place Feb. 11 at the Javits Convention Center in New York City. The Summit will be held one day before Engage Digital’s Digital Kids Conference. Both events are co-located with Toy Fair.
Digital Kids Safety Summit provides a detailed understanding of safety and privacy issues for operators of kid-directed virtual worlds, social networks, online games, mobile apps and tablet devices. The Summit will also discuss the latest developments on regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
“With the Internet and digital devices more readily available to children than ever before, safety is an extremely important topic,” Chris Sherman, CEO of Engage Digital, said. “Attendees will walk away with valuable insight designed to empower and protect their digital business.”
Digital Kids Safety Summit is a great educational experience for anyone involved in the children’s entertainment industry including marketers, lawyers, developers, publishers and digital executives. The Summit will also discuss ways parents, educators and caretakers can better keep children safe from online dangers and privacy risks. Notable sponsors of the event include Norton by Symantec and Inversoft.
“The Digital Kids Safety Summit comes at a critical turning point in the regulatory landscape for kid-minded companies,” Shai Samet, Founder and President of kidSAFE Seal Program, said. “With changes to the COPPA law and growing parental concerns about children’s online and mobile safety, businesses need a comprehensive, legally compliant and highly practical picture of the steps they can take to design safe and privacy-friendly experiences for kids.”
The schedule for Digital Kids Safety Summit features regulators, technology and safety experts, and other fantastic speakers who will share their experience working to keep children safe in the growing digital age.
Confirmed speakers include:
Warren Buckleitner, Ph.D. Editor, Children’s Technology Review
Phyllis Marcus, Bureau of Consumer Protection, Federal Trade Commission
Joanne McNabb, Director of Privacy Education & Policy, Office of the Attorney General, California
Marian Merritt, Norton Internet Safety Advocate, Symantec Corporation
Sheila A. Millar, Partner, Keller and Heckman (counsel for Toy Industry Association)
Brian Pontarelli, President & CEO, Inversoft
Chris Priebe, Founder & CEO, Two Hat Security
Shai Samet, Founder & President, kidSAFE Seal Program
Digital Kids Safety Summit sessions include
- COPPA 2.0 Unraveled simplifies the new COPPA rules so industry professionals can know what to expect when they go into effect July 1, 2013.
- Defining “Reasonable Measures” for Safe Community Features explains how keeping chat rooms, community forums, and social networking features free of personal information and inappropriate postings will save you from trouble with new COPPA laws and the FTC.
- Tablet Devices & Safety provides details about what it takes to design a safe tablet or gaming device specifically for kids.
- Inviting all Mommy Bloggers! Safety & Privacy Tips for Parents and Caregivers gives tips on how to keep children safe from the top Internet risks including cyber-bulling, predators, reputational harm, sexting and even child identity theft.
Professionals interested in attending Digital Kids Safety Summit have three registration options:
1. They can register for Digital Kids Conference, which comes with access to the Summit and Toy Fair.
2. They can register for Toy Fair and get access to the Summit.
3. They can register exclusively for Digital Kids Safety Summit.
About Engage Digital
Founded in 2003, Austin-based Engage Digital is a leading producer of technology-focused industry conferences and trade expositions ranging from software development, mobile technologies and games to social media, youth, virtual learning and more. Recent events include those held in Austin, New York, Silicon Valley and San Francisco. Visit http://www.engagedigital.com more information.
About the kidSAFE Seal Program
Founded in 2010, the kidSAFE Seal Program is the leading safety certification service and seal program designed exclusively for children-friendly websites and technologies, including kid-targeted game sites, educational sites, virtual worlds, social networks, mobile apps, tablet devices, and other similar interactive services and technologies. Many well-known kids’ brands, including Cartoon Network, Fantage, Jumpstart, Pearson Education, and Saban Brands, are participating members in the program. The program was developed by Samet Privacy, an experienced and award-winning privacy services company based in Los Angeles, and contains an advisory board of some of the world’s leading Internet safety experts. For more information, visit www.kidsafeseal.com.
kidSAFE Seal Program
- DHX Media Partners with YouTube on Paid Channels
- DreamWorks, Verizon Team on Million Dollar Turbo Racing League App Promo
- Apple App Store Hits 50 Billion Downloads
- Google Introduces Google Play for Education
- Kids Use iHeart Locket “Smart Necklace” to Connect with Diary App
- Warner Bros. Targets Girls with LEGO Friends for Nintendo
- AppCertain App Monitoring Service Debuts First App
- Rovio to Publish Third Party Titles Under New Rovio Stars Mobile Game Brand
- CPTV Partners with Ruckus Media to Create Digital Platform
- Saban Brands Welcomes Jack Sorensen as President of Mobile Social Games Division
- Austin Launching ‘Office of Innovation’; Forum Planned for August
- ProspX Collects $8.2M
- GILA LLC Works with Encryptics on Secure Data Management as a Solution
- HotSchedules Partners with Scoox to Deliver e-Learning Solution
- RetailMeNot to Integrate Google Wallet
- Silverback Enterprise Group Management Company Acquires FileBound
- Getting Accepted Into Top Incubators and Accelerators
- TechStars Opens Applications in Austin
- Building and Extracting Value from an Advisory Board
- ProspX Names Steve Gold New CEO
- Attend or Exhibit at Tech Career Expo WWDC
- Only 20 Days to AARP Health Innovation 50+ LivePitch
- AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch Judges Announced
- 4,100 Job Seekers Participate In Sell-Out Tech Career Expo Austin 2013
- Video Walkthrough of the Tech Career Expo Austin
- Engage Digital To Support 2nd Annual AARP Health Innovation@50 + Startup Pitch Event
- Caprese Skewers passed around by the Dell and Pandora Tables at The Tech Career Expo
- Geeks Rule at the Austin Tech Career Expo Next Week
- Get your LinkedIn Profile and Top 3 Skills In Front of 47 Innovative Companies
- Microsoft, General Motors, Mitratech, Myspace, Digby and HostGator.com Join Tech Career Expo Austin Line Up
- Digital Kids Conference Registration Ends Tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 8th
- Tech Career Expo Returns to Austin, March 8-9, for Annual Technology Recruiting Bonanza
- Engage Digital and kidSAFE® Seal Program Launch First Ever Digital Kids Safety Summit
- Digital Kids Conference Emcee Spotlight: Joi Podgorny and Richard Gottlieb
- Introducing KidsWire
- Earlybird Registration Ends Tomorrow! Register Now.
- Tech Career Expo Austin has the Jobs You Need: 1,100 Open Positions Available
- Digital Kids Conference Earlybird Registration Extended to Tuesday, Jan. 15
- Digital Kids Conference Keynote Spotlight: Victor Lee of Hasbro
- Early Bird Registration for Digital Kids Conference Ends Next Week