Research firm In-Stat has issued a new report today, Virtual Goods In Social Networking And Online Gaming, which finds that revenue generated specifically by sales of virtual goods has increased 245% since 2007. The report found that virtual goods was a $2.1 billion market in 2007 but in 2010 is a market worth $7.3 billion. The top ten earning companies in the virtual goods business account for 73% of the market’s value. Social games in 2010 account for $2.3 billion of the total market. The Americas and EMEA (Europe/Middle East/Africa) regions account for 30% of all virtual goods sales, with Asia/Pacific accounting for the other 70%.