We are pleased to announce a special multi-division keynote from The Walt Disney Company next month’s App Conference taking place Oct. 18-19, 2012 in San Jose. You’ll see how this large entertainment company is addressing how a new generation is growing up with mobile and tablet devices in hand. Recognizing these devices are increasingly becoming new screens of choice, Disney is changing its approach to consumer experiences in order to meet the needs of a mobile and connected generation.
This panel will bring together leaders from Disney’s Mobile Gaming, Publishing, and Online businesses for a discussion about how Disney is building next generation experiences, characters, and franchises for mobile. The product-focused discussion will span games, apps, video, interactive books, and more. This is one session that should not be missed.
Earlybird registration expires September 14th – tomorrow. The All Access pass is only $595 ($200 less than the onsite price) until tomorrow, September 14th. View complete show details at http://AppConference.org.
Full press release after the jump.
Walt Disney Company Executives To Keynote App Conference
Unique Multi-Division Keynote Brings Disney’s Mobile Gaming, Publishing, and Online Businesses To the Stage
Santa Clara, CA – September 14, 2012 – Engage Digital today announced that three divisions of The Walt Disney Company will provide a unique and powerful keynote at the App Conference – http://AppConference.org – taking place October 18-19, 2012 in Santa Clara, CA. Heads of Disney’s Mobile Gaming, Publishing, and Online businesses will jointly take the stage to discuss how Disney is building next generation experiences, characters, and franchises for mobile and tablets. In total, more than 50 speakers will address key components of app development, marketing and revenue. With an emphasis on cross platform development and revenue strategies, the show provides key insight for both developers and business professionals.
Disney executives Kyle Laughlin, Vice President, Disney Interactive Labs; Jim Molinets, GM/VP of Glendale Mobile Studio, Disney Interactive Media Group; and Lyle Underkoffler, Vice President, Digital Media, Disney Publishing Worldwide will discuss Disney’s Cross-Platform, Multimedia Approach to Tablets and Mobile.
Disney is joined by a range of executives from big brands to hot startups, including Netflix, Salesfore.com, King.com, Pandora, Intuit, Ban.jo, Thumb, Flurry, Nielsen, Cisco, BlueRun Ventures, RedHat, Mashery and many more.
Disney Keynote: Disney’s Cross-Platform, Multimedia Approach to Tablets and Mobile
Attendees will see how this large entertainment company is addressing a new generation growing up with mobile and tablet devices in hand. Recognizing these devices are increasingly becoming new screens of choice, Disney is changing its approach to consumer experiences in order to meet the needs of a mobile and connected generation. This keynote will bring together leaders from Disney’s Mobile Gaming, Publishing, and Online businesses for a discussion about how Disney is building next generation experiences, characters, and franchises for mobile. The product-focused discussion will span games, apps, video, interactive books, and more. This is one presentation that should not be missed.
About the Conference
The second annual App Conference focuses on application development, marketing and revenue generation on mobile and tablet devices. The conference program, spearheaded by a stellar advisory board, features two tracks covering the critical elements of product and business strategies. Attendees will learn from industry experts about the techniques, strategies and best practices they used to achieve success in today’s app market.
Business Strategy Track
Insights from leading developers, brand, market researchers and venture capital firms. Click on a session to review the details and speakers.
- Application Trends / Market Research
- Going Global
- Distribution Opportunities
- Monetization vs User Acquisition
- Crossing the Chasm
- Mobile App Discovery – How to Drive Downloads and Engagement
- Maximizing In-App Purchasing
- Mobile Payments – Now and Future
Product Strategy Track
Best practices and successful development techniques in UI, Optimization, Design, Metrics, APIs and more. Click on a session to review the details and speakers.
- Cloud Services for App Developers
- Best Practices for App Store Optimization
- Success Stories: Developing for Android, iPad, and iPhone
- Enterprise Application Development
- Network APIs
- Responsive Design
- Hybrid Applications
- Cross Platform Development with HTML5
Conference Registration Details
Earlybird registration expires September 14th – today. The All Access pass is only $595 ($200 less than the onsite price). View complete show details at http://AppConference.org.
About Engage Digital
App Conference is produced by Austin-based Engage Digital. Engage creates and produces technology-focused industry conferences and trade expositions. Since our founding in 2003, we have created and produced dozens of events in Austin, New York, Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Seattle, and London. Industries and topics have included software development, mobile technologies, games, social media, youth, virtual learning and more. For more information please visit http://EngageDigital.com.
- Mint.com Product Manager for Mobile, Brian Tan, to Discuss Cross-Platform Strategies at App Con 2012
- App Conference Registration Labor Day Special. No promo code needed.
- 2nd Annual App Conference Announced; Call for Speakers Issued
- Video: Lessons in Creating Social Applications (in the Trenches with Smule)
Join us for App Conference – October 18-19, 2012 in Santa Clara
- Hasbro and DeNA Partner on Free-to-Play Mobile Games
- KingsIsle Brings Two New Worlds to Pirate101
- Disney Junior Extends Appisodes to UK
- Yahoo! Acquires PlayerScale Gaming Company
- Announcing Digital Kids Summit – Sept. 19 in San Francisco
- Microsoft Unveils Xbox One
- Microsoft to Reveal Next-Generation Xbox
- DHX Media Partners with YouTube on Paid Channels
- DreamWorks, Verizon Team on Million Dollar Turbo Racing League App Promo
- Apple App Store Hits 50 Billion Downloads
- Austin Ventures Seeks $450M to Fund Younger Companies
- Datical Closes $1M Financing
- Guest Blog: Angelhack Coming to Austin June, 2013
- Tonic Health Enlists in Gazzang for Data Security
- NASA Grants Austin Tech Company $125M for 3D Printer Outerspace Initiative
- Compare Metrics Collects $4.2M
- Open Labs Raises $800K from Timbaland
- SolarWinds Acquires N-able Technologies
- Postmaster Closes $600K Seed Investment Round
- YouEarnedIt Welcomes New CEO Steve Semelsberger
- Announcing Digital Kids Summit in San Francisco on Sept. 19, 2013
- Attend or Exhibit at Tech Career Expo WWDC
- Only 20 Days to AARP Health Innovation 50+ LivePitch
- AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch Judges Announced
- 4,100 Job Seekers Participate In Sell-Out Tech Career Expo Austin 2013
- Video Walkthrough of the Tech Career Expo Austin
- Engage Digital To Support 2nd Annual AARP Health Innovation@50 + Startup Pitch Event
- Caprese Skewers passed around by the Dell and Pandora Tables at The Tech Career Expo
- Geeks Rule at the Austin Tech Career Expo Next Week
- Get your LinkedIn Profile and Top 3 Skills In Front of 47 Innovative Companies
- Microsoft, General Motors, Mitratech, Myspace, Digby and HostGator.com Join Tech Career Expo Austin Line Up
- Digital Kids Conference Registration Ends Tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 8th
- Tech Career Expo Returns to Austin, March 8-9, for Annual Technology Recruiting Bonanza
- Engage Digital and kidSAFE® Seal Program Launch First Ever Digital Kids Safety Summit
- Digital Kids Conference Emcee Spotlight: Joi Podgorny and Richard Gottlieb
- Introducing KidsWire
- Earlybird Registration Ends Tomorrow! Register Now.
- Tech Career Expo Austin has the Jobs You Need: 1,100 Open Positions Available
- Digital Kids Conference Earlybird Registration Extended to Tuesday, Jan. 15
- Digital Kids Conference Keynote Spotlight: Victor Lee of Hasbro