AARP and LivePitch Media announced today the 10 start-up finalists for the AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch, taking place September 21, 2012 in New Orleans. The showcase features the most exciting start-up companies in the “50 and over” health technology and innovation sector.
AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch takes place during the 2012 Life@50+ AARP National Event & Expo in New Orleans, which is attended by 20,000+ members and guests from across the U.S. and the globe.
In a unique dual-pitch format the 10 start-ups will pitch leading venture and angel investors as well as AARP consumers. The day starts with companies pitching the judges and investor audience. In the afternoon, AARP members will join the conversation and companies will have the opportunity to redirect their pitch to the consumer audience, gaining valuable consumer feedback. At the end of the day two grand prize winners – a Judges’ Winner and AARP Consumer Winner – will be announced.
This year’s expert Judges include: Clayton Lewis, Partner at Maveron, Brandon Hull, Managing Partner at Cardinal Partners, Jeff Shoemate, Vice President of Innovation and Business Development, UnitedHealth Group Alliances and Andy Donner, Partner at Physic Ventures. Lisa Suennen, Managing Member at Psilos Group is emcee’ing the show.
The winning companies will be receive bragging rights, having won the AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch 2012 trophy – either consumer or judges favorites – and acknowledgement that they are leading the way in innovative, cutting-edge healthcare technology. The winning companies will also receive prize packages containing valuable tech-related products. They will be given interview opportunities with the attending consumer, technology and venture media, providing them the spotlight as leaders in the future of healthcare technology.
The 2012 AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch finalists include:
New York, NY
1DocWay is an online doctor’s office. We connect hospitals with underserved patient clinics and nursing facilities, through our lightweight technology and implementation service. In doing so, we improve community health/wellness and increase patient access to physician specialists.
New York, NY
AbilTo administers remote behavioral health programs via phone or web-based videoconference that help individuals to better manage depression – enabling better health outcomes – and payors to eliminate avoidable, near-term medical expenses.
San Francisco, CA
CareLinx is the preeminent online Professional Caregiver Network that provides solutions to help consumers & institutions easily find, screen, manage and pay caregivers who match their specific needs and budget. CareLinx is well positioned to capitalize on the growing demand for caregivers with the aging of our population.
CareTree is a collaboration platform designed to replace the paper records in the home health and senior care industries with an online platform that centralizes information and automates communication with care stakeholders (the individual, their caretakers, family, and doctors).
For our aging family members and loved ones who live independently, daily rituals are signs of stability and markers of good health. By monitoring electronic appliances they use as part of their daily routines, Evermind connects us to the rhythms of our loved ones’ daily lives without diminishing their independence.
GenieMD offers a cloud-based healthcare platform and associated web and mobile applications empowering consumers to manage their medication adherence, track vitals, log exercise, generate health reports in addition to providing health related information from reliable sources to better educate the consumer.
Richmond, BC, Canada
GeriJoy, an MIT and Techstars-affiliated company, offers talking pets for socially isolated elders. Beyond the proven emotional and health benefits of owning a pet, the GeriJoy companion provides intelligent, compassionate conversation, available 24/7. It lives inside an Internet-connected tablet and presents information, news, photos, and family messages as discussion topics.
San Francisco, CA
LivWell Health offers a technology-enabled, service for seniors living independently at home, and for families seeking help in their care. For about the cost of a coffee a day, subscribers can: Access a web-based care coordination system, book vetted service providers, and video-chat with their Concierge!.
MedClimate delivers the leading secure communications platform that provides an easy, cost-effective way to connect patients with their preferred provider. Unlike patient portals, MedClimate offers an EHR-agnostic secure mobile platform that delivers a higher quality of care for all patients and increases accessibility of consultative “visits” to the doctor.
QMedic is revolutionizing home health monitoring by automating behavioral alerts to caregivers and protecting seniors even when they are unable to press the emergency button.
Join us for App Conference – October 18-19, 2012 in Santa Clara
- Disney Junior Extends Appisodes to UK
- Yahoo! Acquires PlayerScale Gaming Company
- Announcing Digital Kids Summit – Sept. 19 in San Francisco
- Microsoft Unveils Xbox One
- Microsoft to Reveal Next-Generation Xbox
- DHX Media Partners with YouTube on Paid Channels
- DreamWorks, Verizon Team on Million Dollar Turbo Racing League App Promo
- Apple App Store Hits 50 Billion Downloads
- Google Introduces Google Play for Education
- Kids Use iHeart Locket “Smart Necklace” to Connect with Diary App
- Tonic Health Enlists in Gazzang for Data Security
- NASA Grants Austin Tech Company $125M for 3D Printer Outerspace Initiative
- Compare Metrics Collects $4.2M
- Open Labs Raises $800K from Timbaland
- SolarWinds Acquires N-able Technologies
- Postmaster Closes $600K Seed Investment Round
- YouEarnedIt Welcomes New CEO Steve Semelsberger
- Emerging Technology Fund to Receive $50M
- Vista Equity Partners to Acquire Websense, Inc.
- Affinegy Names Frank LaBarbera SVP World Wide Sales and Marketing
- Announcing Digital Kids Summit in San Francisco on Sept. 19, 2013
- Attend or Exhibit at Tech Career Expo WWDC
- Only 20 Days to AARP Health Innovation 50+ LivePitch
- AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch Judges Announced
- 4,100 Job Seekers Participate In Sell-Out Tech Career Expo Austin 2013
- Video Walkthrough of the Tech Career Expo Austin
- Engage Digital To Support 2nd Annual AARP Health Innovation@50 + Startup Pitch Event
- Caprese Skewers passed around by the Dell and Pandora Tables at The Tech Career Expo
- Geeks Rule at the Austin Tech Career Expo Next Week
- Get your LinkedIn Profile and Top 3 Skills In Front of 47 Innovative Companies
- Microsoft, General Motors, Mitratech, Myspace, Digby and HostGator.com Join Tech Career Expo Austin Line Up
- Digital Kids Conference Registration Ends Tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 8th
- Tech Career Expo Returns to Austin, March 8-9, for Annual Technology Recruiting Bonanza
- Engage Digital and kidSAFE® Seal Program Launch First Ever Digital Kids Safety Summit
- Digital Kids Conference Emcee Spotlight: Joi Podgorny and Richard Gottlieb
- Introducing KidsWire
- Earlybird Registration Ends Tomorrow! Register Now.
- Tech Career Expo Austin has the Jobs You Need: 1,100 Open Positions Available
- Digital Kids Conference Earlybird Registration Extended to Tuesday, Jan. 15
- Digital Kids Conference Keynote Spotlight: Victor Lee of Hasbro