The first Bay Area Tech Career Expo and Dev Jam took place at Moscone Center South in the heart of San Francisco on June 28-29, 2012. As an official Google I/O Extended site drawing from the nearby developers conference as a powerful source for talent, the event brought together 50 participating companies and 2,000 attendees in a hub of activity and innovation all its own.
Professionals were exposed to the best tech jobs and career opportunities from across the technology and interactive media industry. There they participated in talks, roundtables and workshops ranging from the launch of the Dolphin browser and app showcase, to NOOK development, a variety of area Meetups and a Girls in Tech-led discussion on landing the perfect job.
Not your normal career fair, Tech Career Expo and Dev Jam provided an unmatched opportunity for employers and talented professionals to meet and network in one central location and explore careers in development, design, engineering, management, marketing, sales and more.
Download the program (2.5mb pdf).
The 50 participating companies that showcased career opportunities: PulsePoint, Big Fish Games, Visa, Inc., Quantcast, Lookout Mobile Security, Elance, Sony Network Entertainment International, TubeMogul, Inc., Microsoft Interactive Entertainment, Activision / Beachead Studios, Amazon-Retail, Ask.com, AT&T, Box, Buddy Media, City of San Francisco, Dice.com, eBay Inc., Elemental Technologies, GigaOM, Groupon, Indigo Solutions, InMobi, Inc., IntApp, Justin.tv / TwitchTV, Lab126, Luna Data Solutions, Machine Zone, Netflix, Inc., NOOK, Barnes & Noble, Pivotal Labs, Proofpoint, Inc., Reddwerks Corporation, Robert Half Technology, Safeway, Salesforce.com, Samsung Mobile, sf.citi, SocialChorus, Storm8, StumbleUpon, TEKsystems, The Creative Group, The Federal Reserve Bank, TRUSTe, Walmart Global eCommerce and Zoosk.
Join us for App Conference – October 18-19, 2012 in Santa Clara
- DHX Media Partners with YouTube on Paid Channels
- DreamWorks, Verizon Team on Million Dollar Turbo Racing League App Promo
- Apple App Store Hits 50 Billion Downloads
- Google Introduces Google Play for Education
- Kids Use iHeart Locket “Smart Necklace” to Connect with Diary App
- Warner Bros. Targets Girls with LEGO Friends for Nintendo
- AppCertain App Monitoring Service Debuts First App
- Rovio to Publish Third Party Titles Under New Rovio Stars Mobile Game Brand
- CPTV Partners with Ruckus Media to Create Digital Platform
- Saban Brands Welcomes Jack Sorensen as President of Mobile Social Games Division
- Austin Launching ‘Office of Innovation’; Forum Planned for August
- ProspX Collects $8.2M
- GILA LLC Works with Encryptics on Secure Data Management as a Solution
- HotSchedules Partners with Scoox to Deliver e-Learning Solution
- RetailMeNot to Integrate Google Wallet
- Silverback Enterprise Group Management Company Acquires FileBound
- Getting Accepted Into Top Incubators and Accelerators
- TechStars Opens Applications in Austin
- Building and Extracting Value from an Advisory Board
- ProspX Names Steve Gold New CEO
- Attend or Exhibit at Tech Career Expo WWDC
- Only 20 Days to AARP Health Innovation 50+ LivePitch
- AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch Judges Announced
- 4,100 Job Seekers Participate In Sell-Out Tech Career Expo Austin 2013
- Video Walkthrough of the Tech Career Expo Austin
- Engage Digital To Support 2nd Annual AARP Health Innovation@50 + Startup Pitch Event
- Caprese Skewers passed around by the Dell and Pandora Tables at The Tech Career Expo
- Geeks Rule at the Austin Tech Career Expo Next Week
- Get your LinkedIn Profile and Top 3 Skills In Front of 47 Innovative Companies
- Microsoft, General Motors, Mitratech, Myspace, Digby and HostGator.com Join Tech Career Expo Austin Line Up
- Digital Kids Conference Registration Ends Tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 8th
- Tech Career Expo Returns to Austin, March 8-9, for Annual Technology Recruiting Bonanza
- Engage Digital and kidSAFE® Seal Program Launch First Ever Digital Kids Safety Summit
- Digital Kids Conference Emcee Spotlight: Joi Podgorny and Richard Gottlieb
- Introducing KidsWire
- Earlybird Registration Ends Tomorrow! Register Now.
- Tech Career Expo Austin has the Jobs You Need: 1,100 Open Positions Available
- Digital Kids Conference Earlybird Registration Extended to Tuesday, Jan. 15
- Digital Kids Conference Keynote Spotlight: Victor Lee of Hasbro
- Early Bird Registration for Digital Kids Conference Ends Next Week