Event producer Engage Digital, in collaboration with South By Southwest (SXSW) Conference and Festivals, will hold the first App Hackathon @ SXSW (http://appdevhackathon.com/) overnight March 9-10, 2012 at the Austin Music Hall. More than 250 developers will create unique new iOS™ and Android® software and HTML5 apps leveraging the latest in application programming interfaces (API) for these platforms. These include the new voice-powered, Web services mashup Zypr™ API from Pioneer® Corporation and APIs from Creditcards.com and Turbulenz.
Launched in November of 2011, and with more than 1,300 registered developers, Zypr provides seamlessly-connected experiences across PCs, mobile, tablet, consumer electronics and automotive platforms. Pioneer anticipates App Hackathon @ SXSW and integration of Zypr into the acclaimed new Scion™ FR-S car due in the Summer of 2012 further strengthening the technology as the premier voice-powered API.
“App Hackathon at South By Southwest is an ideal forum for tapping the ingenuity that can showcase exactly what Zypr-based mashups are capable of offering to the developer community,” said Koichiro Uchiyama, Chief Business Planner, Zypr Project at Pioneer Corporation. “We are excited to see just what this extraordinary group of professionals can accomplish with our API and look forward to celebrating those achievements after a night of intense coding, complemented by the greatAustinlive-music scene and SXSW panels.”
App Hackathon @ SXSW begins with check-in at 7 p.m., March 9 and concludes when the winners are announced at 9 a.m., March 10. About $4,000 in prizes are up for grabs, as are others including an iPad2 package (iPad2, dock, headphones). Go-to-market support will also be offered to teams looking to profit from their award-winning apps. Everyone making it through to morning will receive an official App Hackathon @ SXSW T-shirt.
Seating is limited. Participants can sign up free at appdevhackathon.com (http://appdevhackathon.com/) to get a running start two weeks in advance of the event, upon receiving information about the competition rules, prize details and relevant specs on the following APIs:
Developed by Pioneer, Zypr is a voice-powered, cloud based API that lets software developers easily integrate the Web’s best services on a per category basis across multiple platforms, whether mobile, CE or auto. App Hackathon @ SXSW will challenge developers to use Zypr to create a unique connected services mashup app. http://www.zypr.net
CreditCards.com is the leading online marketing and publishing organization devoted to helping consumers make informed choices about credit cards. App Hackathon @ SXSW will challenge developers to experience the world of affiliate solutions by developing a SITE-IN-A-BOX solution that can be used as an online or mobile storefront that interfaces with the existing CreditCards.com Data Feeds System. Participants could walk away with their very own business ready-to-go!
A gaming platform API built exclusively for the Web, Turbulez brings social connectivity and community to the heart of games. App Hackathon @ SXSW will challenge developers to create game demos that combine a great first-pass of some classic retro games with some of the powerful social features of the Web today.
About Engage Digital
Founded in 2003, Austin-based Engage Digital is a leading producer of technology-focused industry conferences and trade expositions ranging from software development, mobile technologies and games to social media, youth, virtual learning and more. Recent events include those held in Austin, New York, Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Seattle, and London. Upcoming events include Tech Career Expo @ SXSW (http://techcareerexpo.com/) March 9-10, 2012 in Austin, TX and Digital Kids Conference (http://digitalkidscon.com/), April 25-26, 2012 in Los Angeles, CA. Visit engagedigital.com (http://www.engagedigital.com/) for more information.
Join us for App Conference – October 18-19, 2012 in Santa Clara
- DHX Media Partners with YouTube on Paid Channels
- DreamWorks, Verizon Team on Million Dollar Turbo Racing League App Promo
- Apple App Store Hits 50 Billion Downloads
- Google Introduces Google Play for Education
- Kids Use iHeart Locket “Smart Necklace” to Connect with Diary App
- Warner Bros. Targets Girls with LEGO Friends for Nintendo
- AppCertain App Monitoring Service Debuts First App
- Rovio to Publish Third Party Titles Under New Rovio Stars Mobile Game Brand
- CPTV Partners with Ruckus Media to Create Digital Platform
- Saban Brands Welcomes Jack Sorensen as President of Mobile Social Games Division
- Austin Launching ‘Office of Innovation’; Forum Planned for August
- ProspX Collects $8.2M
- GILA LLC Works with Encryptics on Secure Data Management as a Solution
- HotSchedules Partners with Scoox to Deliver e-Learning Solution
- RetailMeNot to Integrate Google Wallet
- Silverback Enterprise Group Management Company Acquires FileBound
- Getting Accepted Into Top Incubators and Accelerators
- TechStars Opens Applications in Austin
- Building and Extracting Value from an Advisory Board
- ProspX Names Steve Gold New CEO
- Attend or Exhibit at Tech Career Expo WWDC
- Only 20 Days to AARP Health Innovation 50+ LivePitch
- AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch Judges Announced
- 4,100 Job Seekers Participate In Sell-Out Tech Career Expo Austin 2013
- Video Walkthrough of the Tech Career Expo Austin
- Engage Digital To Support 2nd Annual AARP Health Innovation@50 + Startup Pitch Event
- Caprese Skewers passed around by the Dell and Pandora Tables at The Tech Career Expo
- Geeks Rule at the Austin Tech Career Expo Next Week
- Get your LinkedIn Profile and Top 3 Skills In Front of 47 Innovative Companies
- Microsoft, General Motors, Mitratech, Myspace, Digby and HostGator.com Join Tech Career Expo Austin Line Up
- Digital Kids Conference Registration Ends Tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 8th
- Tech Career Expo Returns to Austin, March 8-9, for Annual Technology Recruiting Bonanza
- Engage Digital and kidSAFE® Seal Program Launch First Ever Digital Kids Safety Summit
- Digital Kids Conference Emcee Spotlight: Joi Podgorny and Richard Gottlieb
- Introducing KidsWire
- Earlybird Registration Ends Tomorrow! Register Now.
- Tech Career Expo Austin has the Jobs You Need: 1,100 Open Positions Available
- Digital Kids Conference Earlybird Registration Extended to Tuesday, Jan. 15
- Digital Kids Conference Keynote Spotlight: Victor Lee of Hasbro
- Early Bird Registration for Digital Kids Conference Ends Next Week