Recruiting at SXSW used to be done in the hallways, in the back alley or on street corners. Looking for a job at SXSW used to be a mess. Conversely, employers looking for talent were left to their own devices. Not so this year. In just 24 days, as SXSW 2012 kicks off, recruiting will come to its own at SXSW with the new Tech Career Expo @ SXSW (March 9-10 at the Austin Music Hall).
Just as the SXSW Accelerator does a fantastic job of catering to the founder/entrepreneur and investor-attendee at SXSW, the Tech Career Expo serves the needs of the professional eager to accelerate their career with a new, exciting position. If multibillion-dollar companies are formed from business models on cocktail napkins, then why not find your next career opportunity over a beer at the iconic Austin Music Hall.
In fact, 47 companies (so far) will be showcasing 2,000+ careers that range from Cloud Architect to Director of Brand Marketing. Participating companies include public companies: Dell (NASDAQ:DELL), Groupon (NASDAQ:GRPN), salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM); late stage startups and industry leaders such as Bazaarvoice, Rackspace Hosting, PulsePoint, WhaleShark Media; and exciting early-stage startups such as TabbedOut, Pixykids, MapMyFITNESS, Inc., and NBCUniversal, Inc. (okay, just kidding on that last one).
Regardless of your interest and passion, the Tech Career Expo @ SXSW is the first place to be start your next career adventure. Don’t just interview. Come down to the Austin Music Hall and talk shop.
this post was originally published on our Tech Career Expo blog.
Join us for App Conference – October 18-19, 2012 in Santa Clara
- DHX Media Partners with YouTube on Paid Channels
- DreamWorks, Verizon Team on Million Dollar Turbo Racing League App Promo
- Apple App Store Hits 50 Billion Downloads
- Google Introduces Google Play for Education
- Kids Use iHeart Locket “Smart Necklace” to Connect with Diary App
- Warner Bros. Targets Girls with LEGO Friends for Nintendo
- AppCertain App Monitoring Service Debuts First App
- Rovio to Publish Third Party Titles Under New Rovio Stars Mobile Game Brand
- CPTV Partners with Ruckus Media to Create Digital Platform
- Saban Brands Welcomes Jack Sorensen as President of Mobile Social Games Division
- Austin Launching ‘Office of Innovation’; Forum Planned for August
- ProspX Collects $8.2M
- GILA LLC Works with Encryptics on Secure Data Management as a Solution
- HotSchedules Partners with Scoox to Deliver e-Learning Solution
- RetailMeNot to Integrate Google Wallet
- Silverback Enterprise Group Management Company Acquires FileBound
- Getting Accepted Into Top Incubators and Accelerators
- TechStars Opens Applications in Austin
- Building and Extracting Value from an Advisory Board
- ProspX Names Steve Gold New CEO
- Attend or Exhibit at Tech Career Expo WWDC
- Only 20 Days to AARP Health Innovation 50+ LivePitch
- AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch Judges Announced
- 4,100 Job Seekers Participate In Sell-Out Tech Career Expo Austin 2013
- Video Walkthrough of the Tech Career Expo Austin
- Engage Digital To Support 2nd Annual AARP Health Innovation@50 + Startup Pitch Event
- Caprese Skewers passed around by the Dell and Pandora Tables at The Tech Career Expo
- Geeks Rule at the Austin Tech Career Expo Next Week
- Get your LinkedIn Profile and Top 3 Skills In Front of 47 Innovative Companies
- Microsoft, General Motors, Mitratech, Myspace, Digby and HostGator.com Join Tech Career Expo Austin Line Up
- Digital Kids Conference Registration Ends Tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 8th
- Tech Career Expo Returns to Austin, March 8-9, for Annual Technology Recruiting Bonanza
- Engage Digital and kidSAFE® Seal Program Launch First Ever Digital Kids Safety Summit
- Digital Kids Conference Emcee Spotlight: Joi Podgorny and Richard Gottlieb
- Introducing KidsWire
- Earlybird Registration Ends Tomorrow! Register Now.
- Tech Career Expo Austin has the Jobs You Need: 1,100 Open Positions Available
- Digital Kids Conference Earlybird Registration Extended to Tuesday, Jan. 15
- Digital Kids Conference Keynote Spotlight: Victor Lee of Hasbro
- Early Bird Registration for Digital Kids Conference Ends Next Week