Engage Digital, working in collaboration with South By Southwest (SXSW) Conference and Festivals, today announced the Tech Career Expo @ SXSW to take place March 9-10, 2012 at the Austin Music Hall in Austin, TX. Open to the more than 20,000 SXSW Interactive attendees and non-attendees alike, the Tech Career Expo @ SXSW provides employers the opportunity to recruit top talent from across the nation and around the world and jobseekers exposure to the most innovative technology opportunities in a casual and creative atmosphere.
Tech Career Expo @ SXSW will showcase tech jobs and career opportunities at dozens of interactive companies, from startups to established firms. Professionals involved in all aspects of the technology industry, from engineering, programming and design, to marketing, sales and management are encouraged to attend.
“Engage Digital’s Tech Career Expo @ SXSW is the perfect complement to SXSW Interactive,” said Hugh Forrest, Director of the SXSW Interactive Festival. “Tech Career Expo @ SXSW provides technology professionals a highly concentrated, powerful opportunity to network with hiring companies in one centralized location. We know that lots of hiring traditionally takes place at SXSW Interactive and we think the Tech Career Expo will make that process a lot easier for all parties involved. SXSW is thrilled to help create this environment that will more efficiently bring together top tech talent and innovate companies.”
“This has been a team effort and the first of what we hope will become a premier connection point for talented professionals and growing companies,” said Engage Digital CEO Christopher Sherman. “SXSW is the perfect partner. Tech Career Expo @ SXSW Interactive attendees are the innovators, the technology vanguard and creative masters, eager to engineer, program, design and manage leading-edge technology solutions.”
The first announced companies to participate in Tech Career Expo @ SXSW are: WhaleShark Media, Inc., AdRevolution, All Web Leads, CompassLearning, COSENTIAL, MapMyFITNESS, Inc., NetSpend Corp., Noesis Energy, PixyKids, SolarWinds, Spacetime Studios, Spredfast, uShip, Inc., Vast.com, and Vertive, LLC.
Additional companies will be announced shortly. Please visit the show web site http://TechCareerExpo.com for company and job details.
Companies like WhaleShark Media, Inc., the largest online coupon and deals marketplace in the world, anticipate that local events like Tech Career SXSW Interactive will deliver a significant lift to overall recruiting efforts, supporting the company’s rapid growth. With dozens of open positions in technology, marketing, product and operations roles, WhaleShark is seeking a diverse, innovative and passionate workforce both locally in Austin and across the country at events like Tech Career Expo @ SXSW. The company has more than doubled its workforce over the last year.
“We are building a world-class technology organization in Austin at WhaleShark Media and are looking across the country for potential employees who have a profound desire to innovate within the world of e-commerce,” said Paul Rogers, Chief Technology Officer, WhaleShark Media, Inc. “Events like Tech Career Expo @ SXSW will provide us access to some of the best minds in the country, and we’re pulling out all the stops to show job hunters why working at WhaleShark is the right next step in their careers.
“As we work to fill more than 30 open positions, recruiting talent with an expertise in consumer facing e-commerce products continues to be a key focus for our company as we join other businesses in expanding the hi-tech talent pool here in Austin, TX,” said Jaime Thomas, Director of Talent Acquisition, WhaleShark Media, Inc. “Events like the Tech Career Expo @ SXSW will help us, we believe, achieve our recruiting goals as more job seekers learn about WhaleShark Media and our leading brands like RetailMeNot.com.”
Tech Career Expo @ SXSW is open Friday, March 9th from 11am to 5pm and Saturday, March 10th from 12pm to 5pm at the Austin Music Hall located at 208 Nueces, Austin, TX 78701. Jobseekers interested in connecting with employers prior to the show should visit the optional pre-registration page. Companies interested in participating can secure space by calling 512-633-4132 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
About Engage Digital
The Tech Career Expo @ SXSW is owned and operated by Austin-based Engage Digital. Engage creates and produces technology-focused industry conferences and trade expositions. Upcoming events include the Tech Career Expo @ SXSW (March 9-10, 2012 in Austin), App Dev Hackathon @ SXSW (March 9-10, 2012 in Austin), the Digital Kids Conference (April 25-26, 2012 in Los Angeles), App Conference and Hackathon (October 2012 – San Francisco, Bay Area). More information can be found at http://EngageDigital.com
SXSW is a trademark of SXSW, Inc. and is used under license. Tech Career Expo is a trademark of Engage Digital.
Join us for App Conference – October 18-19, 2012 in Santa Clara
- Microsoft Unveils Xbox One
- Microsoft to Reveal Next-Generation Xbox
- DHX Media Partners with YouTube on Paid Channels
- DreamWorks, Verizon Team on Million Dollar Turbo Racing League App Promo
- Apple App Store Hits 50 Billion Downloads
- Google Introduces Google Play for Education
- Kids Use iHeart Locket “Smart Necklace” to Connect with Diary App
- Warner Bros. Targets Girls with LEGO Friends for Nintendo
- AppCertain App Monitoring Service Debuts First App
- Rovio to Publish Third Party Titles Under New Rovio Stars Mobile Game Brand
- Postmaster Closes $600K Seed Investment Round
- YouEarnedIt Welcomes New CEO Steve Semelsberger
- Emerging Technology Fund to Receive $50M
- Vista Equity Partners to Acquire Websense, Inc.
- Affinegy Names Frank LaBarbera SVP World Wide Sales and Marketing
- Austin’s tech scene 2001 vs 2011: Fewer workers but healthier ecosystem
- CM First USA to Move to Tech Ranch Austin
- Austin Launching ‘Office of Innovation’; Forum Planned for August
- ProspX Collects $8.2M
- GILA LLC Works with Encryptics on Secure Data Management as a Solution
- Attend or Exhibit at Tech Career Expo WWDC
- Only 20 Days to AARP Health Innovation 50+ LivePitch
- AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch Judges Announced
- 4,100 Job Seekers Participate In Sell-Out Tech Career Expo Austin 2013
- Video Walkthrough of the Tech Career Expo Austin
- Engage Digital To Support 2nd Annual AARP Health Innovation@50 + Startup Pitch Event
- Caprese Skewers passed around by the Dell and Pandora Tables at The Tech Career Expo
- Geeks Rule at the Austin Tech Career Expo Next Week
- Get your LinkedIn Profile and Top 3 Skills In Front of 47 Innovative Companies
- Microsoft, General Motors, Mitratech, Myspace, Digby and HostGator.com Join Tech Career Expo Austin Line Up
- Digital Kids Conference Registration Ends Tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 8th
- Tech Career Expo Returns to Austin, March 8-9, for Annual Technology Recruiting Bonanza
- Engage Digital and kidSAFE® Seal Program Launch First Ever Digital Kids Safety Summit
- Digital Kids Conference Emcee Spotlight: Joi Podgorny and Richard Gottlieb
- Introducing KidsWire
- Earlybird Registration Ends Tomorrow! Register Now.
- Tech Career Expo Austin has the Jobs You Need: 1,100 Open Positions Available
- Digital Kids Conference Earlybird Registration Extended to Tuesday, Jan. 15
- Digital Kids Conference Keynote Spotlight: Victor Lee of Hasbro
- Early Bird Registration for Digital Kids Conference Ends Next Week