Platform developer BringIt has partnered with CrowdStar to create a skill-based puzzle game called Pop Boom. Users will be able to play Pop Boom as a freestanding app or as a mini-game integrated into CrowdStar’s Happy Aquarium. Pop Boom will be integrated into other games by the end of the month. Pop Boom integrates BringIt’s real-time transactional platform complete with tournaments, challenges, leaderboards, virtual currency, and rewards. CrowdStar is partnering with BringIt to increase user engagement while boosting monetization. BringIt will handle issues like anti-fraud, optimizing entry fees, and payout percentages.
BringIt’s plug-and-play platform will allow CrowdStar to integrated Pop Boom across its whole range of games. The integration skins the -mini-game with the look and feel of its parent game. Right now players can log into the Pop Boom app and play it to earn the cash-based virtual currency Pop Boom Coins, or play Pop Boom in Happy Aquarium to earn the cash-based virtual currency Pearls. Users can spend Facebook Credits on challenges and tournaments, then win CrowdStar’s cash-based virtual currencies based on their game score.
BringIt’s currency exchange platform allows users to spend Facebook Credits and get game-specific virtual currency back as winnings. CrowdStar says that BringIt’s platform has increased ARPU (average revenue per user) since initial testing began on December 15, because users are more willing to wager small amounts of Facebook Credits in return for the possibility of getting a greater value back in CrowdStar’s virtual currency. BringIt says that its platform can be integrated into a social game in less than a day, which lets developers implement challenges and tournaments.
BringIt’s Plans To Bring It
These tournaments boost session time and user engagement, which boosts conversion and spending. BringIt has completed a similar integration into the RockYou social game Zoo World. BringIt says the new mini-game tournament feature boosted Zoo World user engagements by six minutes with an average eCPM of $120. BringIt CEO and founder Woody Levin says that BringIt plans to launch in games from four other partners in upcoming months.
Levin says that while BringIt has considered developing its own games, he feels the company’s true expertise lies in helping partners increase monetization. Levin views BringIt’s core business as providing a service that involves optimizing tournaments, entry fees, and payouts. That service is useful to game companies, but doesn’t mean that BringIt is necessarily a game company. BringIt hopes to expand to other social networks and MMOs. The company is already in talks with mobile developers. Levin says BringIt can integrate and boost ARPU in any game or application that features virtual currency and a virtual economy.
Levin says BringIt was founded in May 2008 and was initially focused on console gaming for real currency, a business that never materialized. BringIt pivoted in early 2009 to focus on the distributed platform gaming models, due to a greater diversity of users in the social space. Right now, Levin says that working with platform gaming models is BringIt’s sole focus. Integrations with a company like RockYou or CrowdStar lets BringIt directly monitor in-game challenges.
The company moved from Chicago to San Francisco in early 2009 as part of this transformation. Levin says that he believes social gaming companies are on the cutting edge of gaming, while console companies are still very traditional and cautious. BringIt received an angel round of funding from undisclosed investors in May 2008 and a $1.55 million round lead by Blumberg Capital in July 2009. Levin says that while BringIt is in a strong cash position right now, the company is always looking for new opportunities.
Join us for App Conference – October 18-19, 2012 in Santa Clara
- DHX Media Partners with YouTube on Paid Channels
- DreamWorks, Verizon Team on Million Dollar Turbo Racing League App Promo
- Apple App Store Hits 50 Billion Downloads
- Google Introduces Google Play for Education
- Kids Use iHeart Locket “Smart Necklace” to Connect with Diary App
- Warner Bros. Targets Girls with LEGO Friends for Nintendo
- AppCertain App Monitoring Service Debuts First App
- Rovio to Publish Third Party Titles Under New Rovio Stars Mobile Game Brand
- CPTV Partners with Ruckus Media to Create Digital Platform
- Saban Brands Welcomes Jack Sorensen as President of Mobile Social Games Division
- Austin Launching ‘Office of Innovation’; Forum Planned for August
- ProspX Collects $8.2M
- GILA LLC Works with Encryptics on Secure Data Management as a Solution
- HotSchedules Partners with Scoox to Deliver e-Learning Solution
- RetailMeNot to Integrate Google Wallet
- Silverback Enterprise Group Management Company Acquires FileBound
- Getting Accepted Into Top Incubators and Accelerators
- TechStars Opens Applications in Austin
- Building and Extracting Value from an Advisory Board
- ProspX Names Steve Gold New CEO
- Attend or Exhibit at Tech Career Expo WWDC
- Only 20 Days to AARP Health Innovation 50+ LivePitch
- AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch Judges Announced
- 4,100 Job Seekers Participate In Sell-Out Tech Career Expo Austin 2013
- Video Walkthrough of the Tech Career Expo Austin
- Engage Digital To Support 2nd Annual AARP Health Innovation@50 + Startup Pitch Event
- Caprese Skewers passed around by the Dell and Pandora Tables at The Tech Career Expo
- Geeks Rule at the Austin Tech Career Expo Next Week
- Get your LinkedIn Profile and Top 3 Skills In Front of 47 Innovative Companies
- Microsoft, General Motors, Mitratech, Myspace, Digby and HostGator.com Join Tech Career Expo Austin Line Up
- Digital Kids Conference Registration Ends Tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 8th
- Tech Career Expo Returns to Austin, March 8-9, for Annual Technology Recruiting Bonanza
- Engage Digital and kidSAFE® Seal Program Launch First Ever Digital Kids Safety Summit
- Digital Kids Conference Emcee Spotlight: Joi Podgorny and Richard Gottlieb
- Introducing KidsWire
- Earlybird Registration Ends Tomorrow! Register Now.
- Tech Career Expo Austin has the Jobs You Need: 1,100 Open Positions Available
- Digital Kids Conference Earlybird Registration Extended to Tuesday, Jan. 15
- Digital Kids Conference Keynote Spotlight: Victor Lee of Hasbro
- Early Bird Registration for Digital Kids Conference Ends Next Week