We are pleased to announce the launch of EngageDigital.com, focusing on the business of user engagement and monetization. As a part of the launch, Virtual Worlds News and Virtual Goods News have been merged into EngageDigital. Don’t worry, you’ll still receive the same great coverage we’ve been providing all these years. Please modify your bookmarks, RSS feed and links to www.EngageDigital.com. You can also find us on Twitter.
We still focus on business strategies – following the money as it were. But now you’ll receive a broader perspective going forward. The world has changed substantially since we launched Virtual Worlds News (2007) and Virtual Goods News (2008). We’ve seen the the rise of social games, Facebook, iOS devices, youth-focused virtual worlds, location based services, gamifcation, mobile applications and more. EngageDigital coverage includes these markets and technologies – some of which were already leaking into VWN and VGN editorial for some time.
But don’t worry, for you die-hards out there, we still have dedicated channels for Virtual Goods and Virtual Worlds. In fact, Virtual World News and Virtual Goods News archives – more than 4,300 articles dating back to September 2008 – have been migrated here to EngageDigital as well.
With the domain changes we’ve migrated from Typepad to WordPress, so will no doubt you notice a variety of formatting changes. For example, you can view EngageDigital specially formatted for your on Apple iPhone / iPod touch, Google Android, Blackberry and other touch-based smartphones.
We invite you to join us as the adventure continues. We are pretty excited.
Join us for App Conference – October 18-19, 2012 in Santa Clara
- Microsoft to Reveal Next-Generation Xbox
- DHX Media Partners with YouTube on Paid Channels
- DreamWorks, Verizon Team on Million Dollar Turbo Racing League App Promo
- Apple App Store Hits 50 Billion Downloads
- Google Introduces Google Play for Education
- Kids Use iHeart Locket “Smart Necklace” to Connect with Diary App
- Warner Bros. Targets Girls with LEGO Friends for Nintendo
- AppCertain App Monitoring Service Debuts First App
- Rovio to Publish Third Party Titles Under New Rovio Stars Mobile Game Brand
- CPTV Partners with Ruckus Media to Create Digital Platform
- Postmaser Closes $600K Seed Investment Round
- YouEarnedIt Welcomes New CEO Steve Semelsberger
- Emerging Technology Fund to Receive $50M
- Vista Equity Partners to Acquire Websense, Inc.
- Affinegy Names Frank LaBarbera SVP World Wide Sales and Marketing
- Austin’s tech scene 2001 vs 2011: Fewer workers but healthier ecosystem
- CM First USA to Move to Tech Ranch Austin
- Austin Launching ‘Office of Innovation’; Forum Planned for August
- ProspX Collects $8.2M
- GILA LLC Works with Encryptics on Secure Data Management as a Solution
- Attend or Exhibit at Tech Career Expo WWDC
- Only 20 Days to AARP Health Innovation 50+ LivePitch
- AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch Judges Announced
- 4,100 Job Seekers Participate In Sell-Out Tech Career Expo Austin 2013
- Video Walkthrough of the Tech Career Expo Austin
- Engage Digital To Support 2nd Annual AARP Health Innovation@50 + Startup Pitch Event
- Caprese Skewers passed around by the Dell and Pandora Tables at The Tech Career Expo
- Geeks Rule at the Austin Tech Career Expo Next Week
- Get your LinkedIn Profile and Top 3 Skills In Front of 47 Innovative Companies
- Microsoft, General Motors, Mitratech, Myspace, Digby and HostGator.com Join Tech Career Expo Austin Line Up
- Digital Kids Conference Registration Ends Tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 8th
- Tech Career Expo Returns to Austin, March 8-9, for Annual Technology Recruiting Bonanza
- Engage Digital and kidSAFE® Seal Program Launch First Ever Digital Kids Safety Summit
- Digital Kids Conference Emcee Spotlight: Joi Podgorny and Richard Gottlieb
- Introducing KidsWire
- Earlybird Registration Ends Tomorrow! Register Now.
- Tech Career Expo Austin has the Jobs You Need: 1,100 Open Positions Available
- Digital Kids Conference Earlybird Registration Extended to Tuesday, Jan. 15
- Digital Kids Conference Keynote Spotlight: Victor Lee of Hasbro
- Early Bird Registration for Digital Kids Conference Ends Next Week