Anime-focused virtual world TinierMe is partnering with US anime distributor FUNimation to launch a promotional campaign for the anime series Black Butler and Black Butler II. The promotion will include a line of limited edition branded virtual Black Butler items users can buy for their avatars. Black Butler virtual items available will include clothing, facial expressions, and hairstyles. Fans of the shows can also receive news updates about them through TinierMe.
“Collaborating with TinierMe fits FUNimation’s plans to move aggressively into the digital space and ensure we go wherever our fans are. Given that Black Butler has a rich world of fashion within and that our fans love to create costumes based on characters from the series, Tinier Me is a natural partner since they offer a premier fashion experience to their users online,” said Adam Zehner, Director of Acquisitions and Licensing at FUNimation, in a press statement.
The two Black Butler anime series follow Sebastian Michaelis, a demon butler who is bound by a contract to serve a twelve-year-old aristocrat called Ciel Phantomhive. After Ciel finishes all of his business in the mortal world, including avenging the death of his parents, Sebastian will get Ciel’s soul. The entire 24-episode Black Butler series is available for online streaming now from FUNimation, with a DVD release scheduled to begin in January 2011.
Black Butler II is currently airing on Japanese TV and can be streamed online from FUNimation. This series introduces new cast members including another demon butler like Sebastian. Both Black Butler series are adapted from a manga by Yana Toboso that is published in the US by Yen Press. Both volumes of Black Butler manga released in the US have made the New York Times Manga Bestseller list. In Japan, Black Butler was one of the top ten best-selling manga for 2009.
Join us for App Conference – October 18-19, 2012 in Santa Clara
- Microsoft to Reveal Next-Generation Xbox
- DHX Media Partners with YouTube on Paid Channels
- DreamWorks, Verizon Team on Million Dollar Turbo Racing League App Promo
- Apple App Store Hits 50 Billion Downloads
- Google Introduces Google Play for Education
- Kids Use iHeart Locket “Smart Necklace” to Connect with Diary App
- Warner Bros. Targets Girls with LEGO Friends for Nintendo
- AppCertain App Monitoring Service Debuts First App
- Rovio to Publish Third Party Titles Under New Rovio Stars Mobile Game Brand
- CPTV Partners with Ruckus Media to Create Digital Platform
- Postmaser Closes $600K Seed Investment Round
- YouEarnedIt Welcomes New CEO Steve Semelsberger
- Emerging Technology Fund to Receive $50M
- Vista Equity Partners to Acquire Websense, Inc.
- Affinegy Names Frank LaBarbera SVP World Wide Sales and Marketing
- Austin’s tech scene 2001 vs 2011: Fewer workers but healthier ecosystem
- CM First USA to Move to Tech Ranch Austin
- Austin Launching ‘Office of Innovation’; Forum Planned for August
- ProspX Collects $8.2M
- GILA LLC Works with Encryptics on Secure Data Management as a Solution
- Attend or Exhibit at Tech Career Expo WWDC
- Only 20 Days to AARP Health Innovation 50+ LivePitch
- AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch Judges Announced
- 4,100 Job Seekers Participate In Sell-Out Tech Career Expo Austin 2013
- Video Walkthrough of the Tech Career Expo Austin
- Engage Digital To Support 2nd Annual AARP Health Innovation@50 + Startup Pitch Event
- Caprese Skewers passed around by the Dell and Pandora Tables at The Tech Career Expo
- Geeks Rule at the Austin Tech Career Expo Next Week
- Get your LinkedIn Profile and Top 3 Skills In Front of 47 Innovative Companies
- Microsoft, General Motors, Mitratech, Myspace, Digby and HostGator.com Join Tech Career Expo Austin Line Up
- Digital Kids Conference Registration Ends Tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 8th
- Tech Career Expo Returns to Austin, March 8-9, for Annual Technology Recruiting Bonanza
- Engage Digital and kidSAFE® Seal Program Launch First Ever Digital Kids Safety Summit
- Digital Kids Conference Emcee Spotlight: Joi Podgorny and Richard Gottlieb
- Introducing KidsWire
- Earlybird Registration Ends Tomorrow! Register Now.
- Tech Career Expo Austin has the Jobs You Need: 1,100 Open Positions Available
- Digital Kids Conference Earlybird Registration Extended to Tuesday, Jan. 15
- Digital Kids Conference Keynote Spotlight: Victor Lee of Hasbro
- Early Bird Registration for Digital Kids Conference Ends Next Week