Mobile social game publisher MocoSpace has taken a $3.5 million round of funding from Japanese firm SoftBank. MocoSpace plans to use the funds to grow its main product, a gaming portal built to deliver mobile browser-based social games, and expand its management team. MocoSpace serves around 14 million users with 6 million monthly active uniques who generate 3 billion pageviews per month.
The company says that it's already profitable, but wants to use this round of funding to build its platform out more quickly. MocoSpace wants to offer developers mobile reach via smart phone and other handset browsers and access to the portal's audience, which plays over 1 million games per month.
Right now MocoSpace is developing a game of its own and negotiating deals with third-party developers to create more mobile browser-based games, using Webkit and HTML5. MocoSpace launched in 2005 and is headquartered in Boston.
SoftBank Capital founder and Managing Partner Ron Fisher will join the MocoSpace board. SoftBank is perhaps best-known in the American tech scene for its previous $150 million investment in Zynga, which helped bring the company's games to Japan.
Join us for App Conference – October 18-19, 2012 in Santa Clara
- Microsoft Unveils Xbox One
- Microsoft to Reveal Next-Generation Xbox
- DHX Media Partners with YouTube on Paid Channels
- DreamWorks, Verizon Team on Million Dollar Turbo Racing League App Promo
- Apple App Store Hits 50 Billion Downloads
- Google Introduces Google Play for Education
- Kids Use iHeart Locket “Smart Necklace” to Connect with Diary App
- Warner Bros. Targets Girls with LEGO Friends for Nintendo
- AppCertain App Monitoring Service Debuts First App
- Rovio to Publish Third Party Titles Under New Rovio Stars Mobile Game Brand
- Postmaser Closes $600K Seed Investment Round
- YouEarnedIt Welcomes New CEO Steve Semelsberger
- Emerging Technology Fund to Receive $50M
- Vista Equity Partners to Acquire Websense, Inc.
- Affinegy Names Frank LaBarbera SVP World Wide Sales and Marketing
- Austin’s tech scene 2001 vs 2011: Fewer workers but healthier ecosystem
- CM First USA to Move to Tech Ranch Austin
- Austin Launching ‘Office of Innovation’; Forum Planned for August
- ProspX Collects $8.2M
- GILA LLC Works with Encryptics on Secure Data Management as a Solution
- Attend or Exhibit at Tech Career Expo WWDC
- Only 20 Days to AARP Health Innovation 50+ LivePitch
- AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch Judges Announced
- 4,100 Job Seekers Participate In Sell-Out Tech Career Expo Austin 2013
- Video Walkthrough of the Tech Career Expo Austin
- Engage Digital To Support 2nd Annual AARP Health Innovation@50 + Startup Pitch Event
- Caprese Skewers passed around by the Dell and Pandora Tables at The Tech Career Expo
- Geeks Rule at the Austin Tech Career Expo Next Week
- Get your LinkedIn Profile and Top 3 Skills In Front of 47 Innovative Companies
- Microsoft, General Motors, Mitratech, Myspace, Digby and HostGator.com Join Tech Career Expo Austin Line Up
- Digital Kids Conference Registration Ends Tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 8th
- Tech Career Expo Returns to Austin, March 8-9, for Annual Technology Recruiting Bonanza
- Engage Digital and kidSAFE® Seal Program Launch First Ever Digital Kids Safety Summit
- Digital Kids Conference Emcee Spotlight: Joi Podgorny and Richard Gottlieb
- Introducing KidsWire
- Earlybird Registration Ends Tomorrow! Register Now.
- Tech Career Expo Austin has the Jobs You Need: 1,100 Open Positions Available
- Digital Kids Conference Earlybird Registration Extended to Tuesday, Jan. 15
- Digital Kids Conference Keynote Spotlight: Victor Lee of Hasbro
- Early Bird Registration for Digital Kids Conference Ends Next Week