This week will see social developer Zynga's long-rumored partnership with national convenience store chain 7-Eleven begin in earnest. The promotion will offer players of Zynga's various social games limited edition virtual items with purchase of specific real-world goods from participating 7-Eleven stores.
Some of the physical goods attached to the campaign will be covered with branding from one of Zynga's games, to help make them more recognizable to players.The Zynga games participating in the massive promotion will be YoVille, Mafia Wars, and FarmVille.
These are, not coincidentally, the three games that InComm supports with prepaid cards. These cards have been sold through 7-Elevens and other retailers for about two months. The current deal is motivated by the success of the Zynga prepaid cards at 7-Eleven locations according to Zynga Senior Vice President of Business Operations Vish Makhijani.
The products that contain codes for particular virtual items were chosen based on their thematic ties to a particular game, though Slurpee and Big Gulp purchases will provide item codes for all three games. Items are all exclusive to the 7-Eleven promotion.
Purchase of prepaid cards for a given game during the promotion will also grant an item code. Finally, there will also be an "uber-gift" for each game tied to finishing particular gameplay tasks or purchasing particular virtual items.
FarmVille items will appear in Slurpee, Big Gulp, cut fruit, iced coffee, fresh sandwich, ice cream, and bottled water. Mafia Wars items will be available with Slurpee, Big Gulp, coffee, hot foods, and chips. YoVille items will appear in Slurpee, Big Gulp, brownies, donuts, candy, and orange soda.
The promotion is currently set to run from June 1st to July 15th, but items have already begun to appear in some stores. The promotion is for now slated only for 7-Elevens in the United States. Players are limited to receiving 10 gifts per day through the 7-Eleven promotion. Any individual player may only own three of the 7-Eleven exclusive items.
Join us for App Conference – October 18-19, 2012 in Santa Clara
- DHX Media Partners with YouTube on Paid Channels
- DreamWorks, Verizon Team on Million Dollar Turbo Racing League App Promo
- Apple App Store Hits 50 Billion Downloads
- Google Introduces Google Play for Education
- Kids Use iHeart Locket “Smart Necklace” to Connect with Diary App
- Warner Bros. Targets Girls with LEGO Friends for Nintendo
- AppCertain App Monitoring Service Debuts First App
- Rovio to Publish Third Party Titles Under New Rovio Stars Mobile Game Brand
- CPTV Partners with Ruckus Media to Create Digital Platform
- Saban Brands Welcomes Jack Sorensen as President of Mobile Social Games Division
- Austin Launching ‘Office of Innovation’; Forum Planned for August
- ProspX Collects $8.2M
- GILA LLC Works with Encryptics on Secure Data Management as a Solution
- HotSchedules Partners with Scoox to Deliver e-Learning Solution
- RetailMeNot to Integrate Google Wallet
- Silverback Enterprise Group Management Company Acquires FileBound
- Getting Accepted Into Top Incubators and Accelerators
- TechStars Opens Applications in Austin
- Building and Extracting Value from an Advisory Board
- ProspX Names Steve Gold New CEO
- Attend or Exhibit at Tech Career Expo WWDC
- Only 20 Days to AARP Health Innovation 50+ LivePitch
- AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch Judges Announced
- 4,100 Job Seekers Participate In Sell-Out Tech Career Expo Austin 2013
- Video Walkthrough of the Tech Career Expo Austin
- Engage Digital To Support 2nd Annual AARP Health Innovation@50 + Startup Pitch Event
- Caprese Skewers passed around by the Dell and Pandora Tables at The Tech Career Expo
- Geeks Rule at the Austin Tech Career Expo Next Week
- Get your LinkedIn Profile and Top 3 Skills In Front of 47 Innovative Companies
- Microsoft, General Motors, Mitratech, Myspace, Digby and HostGator.com Join Tech Career Expo Austin Line Up
- Digital Kids Conference Registration Ends Tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 8th
- Tech Career Expo Returns to Austin, March 8-9, for Annual Technology Recruiting Bonanza
- Engage Digital and kidSAFE® Seal Program Launch First Ever Digital Kids Safety Summit
- Digital Kids Conference Emcee Spotlight: Joi Podgorny and Richard Gottlieb
- Introducing KidsWire
- Earlybird Registration Ends Tomorrow! Register Now.
- Tech Career Expo Austin has the Jobs You Need: 1,100 Open Positions Available
- Digital Kids Conference Earlybird Registration Extended to Tuesday, Jan. 15
- Digital Kids Conference Keynote Spotlight: Victor Lee of Hasbro
- Early Bird Registration for Digital Kids Conference Ends Next Week