Today Live Gamer announced the hiring of games industry veteran Stevie Case as the company's new Senior Director of Business Development. She comes to Live Gamer from fatfoogoo, where she served as the company's North American Business Development and Sales Lead.
"2010 is a very meaningful year for us and we're poised for rapid growth. We truly feel like the game market is trying to adapt to all of the new audience consumption patterns that have emerged thanks to Facebook and games as a service. As we develop the platform, Stevie is here to help develop the market," said Andrew Schneider, President and Co-Founder of Live Gamer.
Case has also served as the Director of Business Development and Sales at Tira Wireless and Director of Product Management at Spleak Media, giving her an extensive background in both social media and the business of microtransactions.
She first became noteworthy as an icon of the traditional gaming industry in the 1990s, where she was one of the first female professional gamers. One of her most noteworthy accomplishments was defeating John Romero in a Quake match. She went on to join Romero's Ion Storm as a game tester, then later a level designer.
At Live Gamer Stevie Case will work with the company teams that are responsible for bringing new clients on board. She is part of a wave of strategic hires, though Schneider was not able to confirm how many people the company would be adding.
Case comes to Live Gamer after a year of strong growth for the company, evinced in the acquisitions of payment provider N-Cash and virtual economy analytics firm TwoFish. Live Gamer partners with several game publishers to offer virtual economy services like secondary player-to-player marketplaces, including Sony Online Entertainment and NHN USA.
Join us for App Conference – October 18-19, 2012 in Santa Clara
- Hasbro and DeNA Partner on Free-to-Play Mobile Games
- KingsIsle Brings Two New Worlds to Pirate101
- Disney Junior Extends Appisodes to UK
- Yahoo! Acquires PlayerScale Gaming Company
- Announcing Digital Kids Summit – Sept. 19 in San Francisco
- Microsoft Unveils Xbox One
- Microsoft to Reveal Next-Generation Xbox
- DHX Media Partners with YouTube on Paid Channels
- DreamWorks, Verizon Team on Million Dollar Turbo Racing League App Promo
- Apple App Store Hits 50 Billion Downloads
- Austin Ventures Seeks $450M to Fund Younger Companies
- Datical Closes $1M Financing
- Guest Blog: Angelhack Coming to Austin June, 2013
- Tonic Health Enlists in Gazzang for Data Security
- NASA Grants Austin Tech Company $125M for 3D Printer Outerspace Initiative
- Compare Metrics Collects $4.2M
- Open Labs Raises $800K from Timbaland
- SolarWinds Acquires N-able Technologies
- Postmaster Closes $600K Seed Investment Round
- YouEarnedIt Welcomes New CEO Steve Semelsberger
- Announcing Digital Kids Summit in San Francisco on Sept. 19, 2013
- Attend or Exhibit at Tech Career Expo WWDC
- Only 20 Days to AARP Health Innovation 50+ LivePitch
- AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch Judges Announced
- 4,100 Job Seekers Participate In Sell-Out Tech Career Expo Austin 2013
- Video Walkthrough of the Tech Career Expo Austin
- Engage Digital To Support 2nd Annual AARP Health Innovation@50 + Startup Pitch Event
- Caprese Skewers passed around by the Dell and Pandora Tables at The Tech Career Expo
- Geeks Rule at the Austin Tech Career Expo Next Week
- Get your LinkedIn Profile and Top 3 Skills In Front of 47 Innovative Companies
- Microsoft, General Motors, Mitratech, Myspace, Digby and HostGator.com Join Tech Career Expo Austin Line Up
- Digital Kids Conference Registration Ends Tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 8th
- Tech Career Expo Returns to Austin, March 8-9, for Annual Technology Recruiting Bonanza
- Engage Digital and kidSAFE® Seal Program Launch First Ever Digital Kids Safety Summit
- Digital Kids Conference Emcee Spotlight: Joi Podgorny and Richard Gottlieb
- Introducing KidsWire
- Earlybird Registration Ends Tomorrow! Register Now.
- Tech Career Expo Austin has the Jobs You Need: 1,100 Open Positions Available
- Digital Kids Conference Earlybird Registration Extended to Tuesday, Jan. 15
- Digital Kids Conference Keynote Spotlight: Victor Lee of Hasbro