Today Chinese online gaming company Perfect World announced that it had generated $86.4 million in revenue for Q3. This is a 13.2% increase quarter-over-quarter and a 54.5% increase year-over-year. Net income for the company was $42.2 million, up 9.8% quarter-over-quarter and 45% year-over-year.
Average concurrent users (ACU) for Perfect World's games operations in mainland China was 713,000, a number that is down 6.3% from the previous quarter. Average paying users (APU) was 1.64 million, down 12.5% from the previous quarter. Perfect World attributes this to seasonality.
ARPU for Perfect World's Chinese operations was $38.72, up 12.2% from the previous quarter. Perfect World stated that it was able to increase ARPU despite the decrease in total ACU and APU numbers through a series of promotions and the release of new expansions.
Overseas revenue amounted to $8.6 million for Q3, up from $6.8 million in the previous quarter. Perfect World attributes this to the launch of its games Battles of the Immortals and Pocketpet Journey West in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau. In the future, Perfect World hopes to hold overseas revenue steady at about 10% of total revenue.
Other Perfect World revenue for Q3 was $6.6 million, generated through film and television projects. All revenues were generated by the launch of the film Sophie's Revenge, which launched in August 2009. Heading into Q4, Perfect World suggests a guidance of +/- 2%, for a likely revenue range of $84.6 to $88.2 million.
Join us for App Conference – October 18-19, 2012 in Santa Clara
- DHX Media Partners with YouTube on Paid Channels
- DreamWorks, Verizon Team on Million Dollar Turbo Racing League App Promo
- Apple App Store Hits 50 Billion Downloads
- Google Introduces Google Play for Education
- Kids Use iHeart Locket “Smart Necklace” to Connect with Diary App
- Warner Bros. Targets Girls with LEGO Friends for Nintendo
- AppCertain App Monitoring Service Debuts First App
- Rovio to Publish Third Party Titles Under New Rovio Stars Mobile Game Brand
- CPTV Partners with Ruckus Media to Create Digital Platform
- Saban Brands Welcomes Jack Sorensen as President of Mobile Social Games Division
- Affinegy Names Frank LaBarbera SVP World Wide Sales and Marketing
- Austin’s tech scene 2001 vs 2011: Fewer workers but healthier ecosystem
- CM First USA to Move to Tech Ranch Austin
- Austin Launching ‘Office of Innovation’; Forum Planned for August
- ProspX Collects $8.2M
- GILA LLC Works with Encryptics on Secure Data Management as a Solution
- HotSchedules Partners with Scoox to Deliver e-Learning Solution
- RetailMeNot to Integrate Google Wallet
- Silverback Enterprise Group Management Company Acquires FileBound
- Getting Accepted Into Top Incubators and Accelerators
- Attend or Exhibit at Tech Career Expo WWDC
- Only 20 Days to AARP Health Innovation 50+ LivePitch
- AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch Judges Announced
- 4,100 Job Seekers Participate In Sell-Out Tech Career Expo Austin 2013
- Video Walkthrough of the Tech Career Expo Austin
- Engage Digital To Support 2nd Annual AARP Health Innovation@50 + Startup Pitch Event
- Caprese Skewers passed around by the Dell and Pandora Tables at The Tech Career Expo
- Geeks Rule at the Austin Tech Career Expo Next Week
- Get your LinkedIn Profile and Top 3 Skills In Front of 47 Innovative Companies
- Microsoft, General Motors, Mitratech, Myspace, Digby and HostGator.com Join Tech Career Expo Austin Line Up
- Digital Kids Conference Registration Ends Tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 8th
- Tech Career Expo Returns to Austin, March 8-9, for Annual Technology Recruiting Bonanza
- Engage Digital and kidSAFE® Seal Program Launch First Ever Digital Kids Safety Summit
- Digital Kids Conference Emcee Spotlight: Joi Podgorny and Richard Gottlieb
- Introducing KidsWire
- Earlybird Registration Ends Tomorrow! Register Now.
- Tech Career Expo Austin has the Jobs You Need: 1,100 Open Positions Available
- Digital Kids Conference Earlybird Registration Extended to Tuesday, Jan. 15
- Digital Kids Conference Keynote Spotlight: Victor Lee of Hasbro
- Early Bird Registration for Digital Kids Conference Ends Next Week