Social Gaming Network (SGN) is probably best known for its suite of iPhone/iPod touch- and Facebook-friendly social games that include iBowl, Agency Wars, F.A.S.T. and Mafia: Respect and Retaliation. But those products could well be dwarfed by the company's upcoming initiative which it demoed today at TechCrunch50.
Going by the name Toybots, the new product from SGN is a platform designed to be sold into the toy industry and utilized in such a way that upcoming products which incorporate Toybots would seamlessly connect to the web. The outcome of that connectivity would be a business model that SGN says will "disrupt the gaming, entertainment and toy industries."
"We have been building the Toybots Platform for connected toys with full 3G, WiFi, GPS and accelerometer capabilities" and tied it to online and mobile games.
Says SGN of the platform: "Imagine a physical toy you can tickle online and it giggles in the real world. Imagine a grandmother in Iowa recording a family story and the toy telling the story to her grandchild in Florida."
Additionally, the Toybots platform will encourage the downloading of audio books as well to the toys, and play full online games. "Toybots will bridge mobile, online and physical gaming worlds together for the first time in an inspirational and unique way," says the company.
At today's presentation, SGN and ToyBots founder Shervin Pishevar and his Senior Director of Marketing Carrie Feigel demoed the platform via a plush toy they have dubbed Woozee..
The video below presents that demonstration.
Join us for App Conference – October 18-19, 2012 in Santa Clara
- DHX Media Partners with YouTube on Paid Channels
- DreamWorks, Verizon Team on Million Dollar Turbo Racing League App Promo
- Apple App Store Hits 50 Billion Downloads
- Google Introduces Google Play for Education
- Kids Use iHeart Locket “Smart Necklace” to Connect with Diary App
- Warner Bros. Targets Girls with LEGO Friends for Nintendo
- AppCertain App Monitoring Service Debuts First App
- Rovio to Publish Third Party Titles Under New Rovio Stars Mobile Game Brand
- CPTV Partners with Ruckus Media to Create Digital Platform
- Saban Brands Welcomes Jack Sorensen as President of Mobile Social Games Division
- Austin Launching ‘Office of Innovation’; Forum Planned for August
- ProspX Collects $8.2M
- GILA LLC Works with Encryptics on Secure Data Management as a Solution
- HotSchedules Partners with Scoox to Deliver e-Learning Solution
- RetailMeNot to Integrate Google Wallet
- Silverback Enterprise Group Management Company Acquires FileBound
- Getting Accepted Into Top Incubators and Accelerators
- TechStars Opens Applications in Austin
- Building and Extracting Value from an Advisory Board
- ProspX Names Steve Gold New CEO
- Attend or Exhibit at Tech Career Expo WWDC
- Only 20 Days to AARP Health Innovation 50+ LivePitch
- AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch Judges Announced
- 4,100 Job Seekers Participate In Sell-Out Tech Career Expo Austin 2013
- Video Walkthrough of the Tech Career Expo Austin
- Engage Digital To Support 2nd Annual AARP Health Innovation@50 + Startup Pitch Event
- Caprese Skewers passed around by the Dell and Pandora Tables at The Tech Career Expo
- Geeks Rule at the Austin Tech Career Expo Next Week
- Get your LinkedIn Profile and Top 3 Skills In Front of 47 Innovative Companies
- Microsoft, General Motors, Mitratech, Myspace, Digby and HostGator.com Join Tech Career Expo Austin Line Up
- Digital Kids Conference Registration Ends Tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 8th
- Tech Career Expo Returns to Austin, March 8-9, for Annual Technology Recruiting Bonanza
- Engage Digital and kidSAFE® Seal Program Launch First Ever Digital Kids Safety Summit
- Digital Kids Conference Emcee Spotlight: Joi Podgorny and Richard Gottlieb
- Introducing KidsWire
- Earlybird Registration Ends Tomorrow! Register Now.
- Tech Career Expo Austin has the Jobs You Need: 1,100 Open Positions Available
- Digital Kids Conference Earlybird Registration Extended to Tuesday, Jan. 15
- Digital Kids Conference Keynote Spotlight: Victor Lee of Hasbro
- Early Bird Registration for Digital Kids Conference Ends Next Week