Today ecommerce solutions provider TrialPay announced that it would move into the virtual goods space, launching a new monetization platform that would provide client applications with both virtual currency offers and direct payment solutions. Where TrialPay hopes to set itself apart in the increasingly crowded ad offer space is by leveraging its network of "blue chip" advertising partners, which includes major brands like FTD, Discover, Starbucks and Sony.
"We compete on relevance and product, not on price. TrialPay is the only provider with direct advertiser relationships, which we built while developing our core business focused on more traditional merchants, such as software developers. These relationships enable us to bring the highest payouts from blue-chip advertisers to our publishers and run in-game promotions that no other monetization vendor can provide," said Will O'Brien, TrialPay director of product marketing.
Apps using TrialPay's monetization platform at launch include Challenge Games and (Lil) Green Patch. The program is essentially a variation on TrialPay's "Get It Free" program, only now users can use it to get virtual currency instead of free physical goods. In addition to ad offers completed by taking surveys or following links, TrialPay also serves offers that require users to purchase a physical good in order to receive virtual currency.
When it comes to payment solutions, TrialPay offers partners credit card processing services as well as the ability to integrate other methods like PayPal and mobile pay onto a single platform. The compay also provides tools for setting up in-game promotions, how much virtual currency is awarded for given offers, and which of the over 2000 available advertisers' offers appear in-game. TrialPay also promises aggressive end-to-end tracking of transactions, allowing for aggressive anti-fraud combat.
O'Brien asserts that TrialPay offers better payouts for clients than competitors, along with better customer service and a better reputation. Every single game that signs up with TrialPay gets its own dedicated assistant within the company, called a Partner Success Manager. According to O'Brien, TrialPay will be the only company operating in the industry that's rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau.
The ad offer space was always a contested one, but recently the number of companies active in it has blossomed. Once the space was dominated by Super Rewards, Offerpal, and Peanut Labs but major newcomers like Gambit and now TrialPay have appeared in less than a year. TrialPay's entry into the space could be a major game-changer thanks to its ties to premium brands and physical ecommerce experience, but ad offer networks compete fiercely. An edge TrialPay has now may not last.
Join us for App Conference – October 18-19, 2012 in Santa Clara
- DHX Media Partners with YouTube on Paid Channels
- DreamWorks, Verizon Team on Million Dollar Turbo Racing League App Promo
- Apple App Store Hits 50 Billion Downloads
- Google Introduces Google Play for Education
- Kids Use iHeart Locket “Smart Necklace” to Connect with Diary App
- Warner Bros. Targets Girls with LEGO Friends for Nintendo
- AppCertain App Monitoring Service Debuts First App
- Rovio to Publish Third Party Titles Under New Rovio Stars Mobile Game Brand
- CPTV Partners with Ruckus Media to Create Digital Platform
- Saban Brands Welcomes Jack Sorensen as President of Mobile Social Games Division
- Austin Launching ‘Office of Innovation’; Forum Planned for August
- ProspX Collects $8.2M
- GILA LLC Works with Encryptics on Secure Data Management as a Solution
- HotSchedules Partners with Scoox to Deliver e-Learning Solution
- RetailMeNot to Integrate Google Wallet
- Silverback Enterprise Group Management Company Acquires FileBound
- Getting Accepted Into Top Incubators and Accelerators
- TechStars Opens Applications in Austin
- Building and Extracting Value from an Advisory Board
- ProspX Names Steve Gold New CEO
- Attend or Exhibit at Tech Career Expo WWDC
- Only 20 Days to AARP Health Innovation 50+ LivePitch
- AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch Judges Announced
- 4,100 Job Seekers Participate In Sell-Out Tech Career Expo Austin 2013
- Video Walkthrough of the Tech Career Expo Austin
- Engage Digital To Support 2nd Annual AARP Health Innovation@50 + Startup Pitch Event
- Caprese Skewers passed around by the Dell and Pandora Tables at The Tech Career Expo
- Geeks Rule at the Austin Tech Career Expo Next Week
- Get your LinkedIn Profile and Top 3 Skills In Front of 47 Innovative Companies
- Microsoft, General Motors, Mitratech, Myspace, Digby and HostGator.com Join Tech Career Expo Austin Line Up
- Digital Kids Conference Registration Ends Tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 8th
- Tech Career Expo Returns to Austin, March 8-9, for Annual Technology Recruiting Bonanza
- Engage Digital and kidSAFE® Seal Program Launch First Ever Digital Kids Safety Summit
- Digital Kids Conference Emcee Spotlight: Joi Podgorny and Richard Gottlieb
- Introducing KidsWire
- Earlybird Registration Ends Tomorrow! Register Now.
- Tech Career Expo Austin has the Jobs You Need: 1,100 Open Positions Available
- Digital Kids Conference Earlybird Registration Extended to Tuesday, Jan. 15
- Digital Kids Conference Keynote Spotlight: Victor Lee of Hasbro
- Early Bird Registration for Digital Kids Conference Ends Next Week