Bray Leino BroadSkill, a training and development consultancy, has partnered with Ambient Performance to create a new corporate training solution built on Forterra's OLIVE platform. The pair touts the Virtual Instructor Led Training (V-ILT) as similar to Second Life, but designed in a closed environment for secure management.
The virtual classroom allows companies to bring together spread out groups for a traditional-style of education. Users can log in, collaborate with classmates, and follow the instructor's avatar as they would normally.
Bray Leino BroadSkill's adoption of a virtual solution to complement in person events is a fairly strong step forward, considering it presents over 14,000 training events each year for a client list that includes B2, O2, and 10 Downing Street. In a statement, the company notes that clients are looking for ways to cut costs and save travel time by keeping their employees in-house during training.
With webinars and traditional e-learning products offering a more static approach, virtual classrooms, events, and training solutions let classmates come together without moving from their desks.
"We believe 'virtual world classroom' training is the way forward for organisations wanting to train staff who are based at disparate locations, whether in the UK or abroad, as it not only lowers their carbon footprints by dispensing with the need for travel and accommodation, it also saves time by allowing people to get more done in the working day," Henry Jodrell, Bray Leino BroadSkill Chief Executive, said in a statement. "What's more, the important points of traditional training such as group interaction and shared learning are still very much present, ensuring the learning is successfully supported for each and every delegate."
Join us for App Conference – October 18-19, 2012 in Santa Clara
- Microsoft Unveils Xbox One
- Microsoft to Reveal Next-Generation Xbox
- DHX Media Partners with YouTube on Paid Channels
- DreamWorks, Verizon Team on Million Dollar Turbo Racing League App Promo
- Apple App Store Hits 50 Billion Downloads
- Google Introduces Google Play for Education
- Kids Use iHeart Locket “Smart Necklace” to Connect with Diary App
- Warner Bros. Targets Girls with LEGO Friends for Nintendo
- AppCertain App Monitoring Service Debuts First App
- Rovio to Publish Third Party Titles Under New Rovio Stars Mobile Game Brand
- Postmaster Closes $600K Seed Investment Round
- YouEarnedIt Welcomes New CEO Steve Semelsberger
- Emerging Technology Fund to Receive $50M
- Vista Equity Partners to Acquire Websense, Inc.
- Affinegy Names Frank LaBarbera SVP World Wide Sales and Marketing
- Austin’s tech scene 2001 vs 2011: Fewer workers but healthier ecosystem
- CM First USA to Move to Tech Ranch Austin
- Austin Launching ‘Office of Innovation’; Forum Planned for August
- ProspX Collects $8.2M
- GILA LLC Works with Encryptics on Secure Data Management as a Solution
- Attend or Exhibit at Tech Career Expo WWDC
- Only 20 Days to AARP Health Innovation 50+ LivePitch
- AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch Judges Announced
- 4,100 Job Seekers Participate In Sell-Out Tech Career Expo Austin 2013
- Video Walkthrough of the Tech Career Expo Austin
- Engage Digital To Support 2nd Annual AARP Health Innovation@50 + Startup Pitch Event
- Caprese Skewers passed around by the Dell and Pandora Tables at The Tech Career Expo
- Geeks Rule at the Austin Tech Career Expo Next Week
- Get your LinkedIn Profile and Top 3 Skills In Front of 47 Innovative Companies
- Microsoft, General Motors, Mitratech, Myspace, Digby and HostGator.com Join Tech Career Expo Austin Line Up
- Digital Kids Conference Registration Ends Tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 8th
- Tech Career Expo Returns to Austin, March 8-9, for Annual Technology Recruiting Bonanza
- Engage Digital and kidSAFE® Seal Program Launch First Ever Digital Kids Safety Summit
- Digital Kids Conference Emcee Spotlight: Joi Podgorny and Richard Gottlieb
- Introducing KidsWire
- Earlybird Registration Ends Tomorrow! Register Now.
- Tech Career Expo Austin has the Jobs You Need: 1,100 Open Positions Available
- Digital Kids Conference Earlybird Registration Extended to Tuesday, Jan. 15
- Digital Kids Conference Keynote Spotlight: Victor Lee of Hasbro
- Early Bird Registration for Digital Kids Conference Ends Next Week