Austin-based Engage Digital creates and produces technology-focused industry conferences and trade expositions. Since our founding in 2003, we have created and produced dozens of events in Austin, New York, Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Seattle, and London. Industries and topics have included software development, mobile technologies, games, social media, youth, virtual learning and more.
Tech Career Expo across from Apple WWDC 2013 – June 12-13, 2013 – San Francisco
Digital Kids Summit – September 19, 2013 – San Francisco
Tech Career Expo across from Oracle OpenWorld 2013 – September 25-26, 2013 – San Francisco
Also check out our blogs:
The following 17 companies are recruiting on June 12-13 at our Tech Career Expo across the street from the Apple WWDC in San Francisco: Amazon-Music, Amazon-Lab126, Chegg, DIRECTV, Disney Interactive, Federal Reserve Bank, FitBit, Intel, Myspace, Optimizely, Quantcast, RetailMeNot, Safeway, Symphony Commerce, Trip Advisor, TubeMogul and Yelp.com. Tech Career Expo is not affiliated with Apple so no badge is required to get in. The event takes place at Jillian’s Restaurant, directly across the street from Moscone Center where WWDC takes place.
Registration is not required to attend the Tech Career Expo but if you want the edge, fill out the optional pre-registration form at http://awwdc13.techcareerexpo.com. Most of those people coming to the Tech Career Expo will just walk in the front door. You already have the advantage! You’re here on the show web site and while you’re here you can fill out the optional pre-reg form. More than just signing up, the optional pre-reg form also allows you to include your LinkedIn profile, your top 3 key skills, as well as number of years of experience for each skill.
Apple is a trademark of Apple, Inc. Tech Career Expo is not affiliated with Apple.
AARP and LivePitch Media, injunction with Engage Digital, announced that LabDoor was selected as the winner of both the Consumer and Investor awards at the second annual AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch, the premier showcase featuring the most exciting start-up companies in the “50 and over” health technology and innovation sector.
127 early-stage health technology companies applied to demonstrate their products and services to expert judges and a live audience of investors and consumers at Health Innovation50+. 10 companies were selected as finalists. Each finalist pitched twice on stage at the event: first to investors and judges and a second time to AARP consumers. LabDoor, a company that uses science to tell you what’s in dietary supplements, swept the competition, winning both the judges’ award and the consumers’ choice award.
The second annual Health Innovation@50+ was held Friday, May 31 in the Las Vegas Convention Center at AARP’s Life@50+ AARP National Event & Expo. Lisa Suennen, Managing Member at Psilos Group returned as emcee of this year’s event. Expert judges included: Brian Chee, Managing Partner, Polaris Partners; Geoffrey Clapp, Health IT Entrepreneur / Advisor to Rock Health; Brad Fluegel, Senior Vice President, Chief Strategy Officer, Walgreen Co.; and Nina Kjellson, General Partner, InterWest.
LabDoor uses science to tell you what’s really in dietary supplements. On iOS and LabDoor.com, consumers scan or search a product for instant A-F grades based on the safety and efficacy of the product. LabDoor reverse-engineers hundreds of products to expose inaccurate labels, contaminated products, and false claims. LabDoor.com Twitter: @LabDoorApp
Engage Digital and KidsWire are pleased to announce Digital Kids Summit – http://DigitalKidsSummit.com – taking place in San Francisco on September 19, 2013. The Summit (similar to it’s big sister Digital Kids Conference held NYC every spring) is the must-attend event for brand owners, entertainment and media executives, marketers, producers, digital media directors and licensing professionals seeking to engage children online and on digital devices.
Attendees will garner insight from experts, as kid veterans and digital media mavins share their passions for innovation, understanding of the market and path to digital success. Learn and network across multiple disciplines! Create captivating digital kids products and services that sell well!
San Francisco bay area is the epicenter of technological innovation. What better place is there to host Digital Kids Summit? We’ll have lots of exciting news to share in the weeks and months ahead. To get involved or register visit the site at http://DigitalKidsSummit.com. In the mean time keep up to date with the latest digital kids news by reading KidsWire.com.
Join us for our next Tech Career Expo WWDC in San Francisco, taking place June 12-13 in Jillian’s @ the Metreon, directly across the street from Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) which is in the Moscone Center – West hall (right across the street). Apple’s annual developers conference attracts 5,000 developers and sold out in 2 minutes.
We promote the Tech Career Expo to WWDC attendees, as well as the Bay Area tech community. WWDC Attendees are web, mobile, and enterprise developers building applications in the cloud with iOS and other Apple technologies.
Our 2nd annual AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch is just a couple of weeks away, Friday, May 31 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The event produced by AARP, LivePitch Media, Engage Digital and Adeo Interactive, is the premier showcase featuring the most exciting start-up companies in the “50 and over” health technology and innovation sector. The pitch event offers the venture capital and angel investor community as well as the media, the opportunity to connect with these outstanding start-ups.
Register Now and:
- Hear pitches from and network with 10 finalists drawn from 127 applicants
- Chat with strategic investors from United Healthcare, Aetna, Humana, and Walgreens
- Receive exclusive AARP research detailing the greatest areas of potential revenue in the 50 and over market.
- Gain live feedback from AARP consumer members on which company will most improve their quality of life.
- Visit leading companies in the Health Innovation@50+ Tech Expo
AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch is pleased to announce it’s 2013 LivePitch Judges. 2nd annual AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch, Friday, May 31 at the Las Vegas Convention Center is the premier showcase featuring the most exciting start-up companies in the “50 and over” health technology and innovation sector. Engage Digital is a supporting producer of the event. The pitch event offers the venture capital and angel investor community as well as the media, the opportunity to connect with these outstanding start-ups. After the pitches, demos and questions from the judges, two grand prize winners will be selected at the end of the day: a Judges’ Winner and AARP Consumers’ Winner.
This year’s expert Judges include:
Geoffrey Clapp, Health IT Entrepreneur / Advisor to Rock Health
Brad Fluegel, Senior Vice President, Chief Strategy Officer, Walgreen Co.
Alan E. Hall, Founder, Partner, Island Park Investments, Mercato, MarketStar, Grow America
Nina Kjellson, General Partner, InterWest
Rivals Steakhouse in Austin, Texas bustled with people last weekend (March 8-9), as Engage Digital hosted its 2nd annual Tech Career Expo. The massively successful event brought in 48 recruiting tech companies – selling out the show floor – looking to fill 2,600 open positions.
The event drew in over 2,400 onsite job seekers and 4,100 online registered job seekers. Information from all online registered job seekers has been forwarded to all recruiting companies in order to maximize connections and facilitate great hiring.
Those who made it out to the event enjoyed an unmatched opportunity to meet and network with employers and talented professionals from across the nation, all in one central location during SXSW’s Interactive week. We were not affiliated with SXSW this year, so no badge was required to attend.
The following companies welcoming job seekers: WhaleShark Media (RetailMeNot.com); Groupon, Inc.; Advisory Board Company; Quantcast; Microsoft; ARC; athenahealth; Bazaarvoice; Comcast; CompassLearning; CSID; Data Foundry;Dell; Digby; eBay Inc.; Enova; Evernote; Gemalto; General Motors; HostGator.com; Intel; Isis Mobile Commerce; Kinnser Software; Luna Data Solutions, Inc.; MapMyFitness, Inc.; Mitratech; Myspace ; Pandora; Patient Conversation Media; Public Consulting Group , Reddwerks, SailPoint, Samsung Austin Semiconductor, SendGrid, Sparefoot.com; Spredfast; SurveyMonkey; T3; Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA); United Airlines; Viacom; Visa; Volusion; Yelp; Yodle; Zenoss and Zoosk.
Engage Digital is very pleased with the Tech Career Expo’s extraordinary success this year and would like to thank those who participated in the event.
We hope everyone found the event valuable and are looking forward to planning what is sure to be an even stronger event next year. Look for additional Tech Career Expo’s in other parts of the country later in 2013.
Friday and Saturday we held our 2nd annual Tech Career Expo Austin during SXSW. The event was a fantastic success with more than 2,400 attendees (and more than 4,100 online registrations) and 48 recruiting companies. Below is a video walkthrough of the event.
AARP and LivePitch Media announced the second annual AARP Health Innovation@50 + LivePitch startup pitch event, which will take place on Friday, May 31, at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Engage Digital will once again support the event by providing a range of services from event coordination to marketing to program development.
The event showcase will provide start-up companies in the”50 and over” health technology and innovation sector with the opportunity to connect with the venture capital and angel investor community, along with consumers and the media.
Taking place during the Life@50+ AARP National Event & Expo attended by 20,000 members and guests from across the globe, the AARP Health Innovation@50 + LivePitch event operates in two parts:
Part 1: During the first half of the day, the ten finalist companies selected to attend will pitch their business to the judges and investor audience, including leading venture and angel investors.
Part 2: In the afternoon, AARP members join the program. Participating companies will then redirect their pitches directly to the “50 and over” consumer audience, gaining valuable, real-time, consumer insight and feedback.
At the end of the day, two grand-prize winners will be announced: an Investor Judges’ Winner and AARP Consumer Winner.
Applying companies must have launched their product or service within one year of the May 31, 2013 event date and must have raised $5 million or less in funding. The deadline to apply is Friday, April 12, 2013. Companies can apply at http://health50.org
Food and drink and a new job! This year’s Tech Career Expo Austin during SXSW is currently being held (11am to 5pm) today (and yesterday) at Rivals Steakhouse.
Not content with just connecting employers with top talent, we upped the ante at this year’s show with high quality food: Seen here Caprese Skewers passed around the Dell and Pandora recruiting tables – Yum!
Stop by today – Rivals – on the corner of 5th and Trinity Streets, in Austin.
- Kindle FreeTime Unlimited Adds Content from Disney, Warner Bros., Interactive Entertainment and EA
- Disney Interactive to Launch Where’s My Mickey? App
- Amplify Launches Digital Gaming Package for Schools
- Company Profile: JoyTunes Tablet Technology Makes Practicing Real Instruments Fun
- Outfit7 Talking Friends Apps Reaches One Billion Downloads
- Jim Henson Company to Debut Interactive Chatter Zoo Property for Infants
- Janet Scardino Appointed Saban Brands Chief Operating Officer
- Draw-Your-Own-Game App Pixel Press Launches First Playable Prototype
- Cupcake Digital, Nelvana Enterprises & Clifford Ross Company Partner to Create Babar App Series
- ChildGuardOnline Assists Online Businesses in Complying with COPPA Regulations
- National Instruments Partners with Kollmorgen to Provide Advanced Servo Solutions
- Resonant Inc. Raises $7M Private Placement
- Quarri Technologies Snags $499K Financing
- RetailMeNot Files for $230M IPO
- Calxeda Parnters with Penguin Computing & Inktank in Coud Storage Initiative
- e-MDs Relocates and Expands Headquarters in Austin Area
- Webcore Technologies Acquires Tenant Solutions
- Excelleration Medtech Snags $4.2M Financing
- Virtual Bridges Expands Executive Team
- Actian Appoints Steven Springsteel CFO
- 17 Companies Scheduled to Recruit at Tech Career Expo WWDC
- LabDoor Wins AARP Health Innovation50+ LivePitch 2013 Consumer and Investor Awards
- Announcing Digital Kids Summit in San Francisco on Sept. 19, 2013
- Attend or Exhibit at Tech Career Expo WWDC
- Only 20 Days to AARP Health Innovation 50+ LivePitch
- AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch Judges Announced
- 4,100 Job Seekers Participate In Sell-Out Tech Career Expo Austin 2013
- Video Walkthrough of the Tech Career Expo Austin
- Engage Digital To Support 2nd Annual AARP Health Innovation@50 + Startup Pitch Event
- Caprese Skewers passed around by the Dell and Pandora Tables at The Tech Career Expo
- Geeks Rule at the Austin Tech Career Expo Next Week
- Get your LinkedIn Profile and Top 3 Skills In Front of 47 Innovative Companies
- Microsoft, General Motors, Mitratech, Myspace, Digby and HostGator.com Join Tech Career Expo Austin Line Up
- Digital Kids Conference Registration Ends Tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 8th
- Tech Career Expo Returns to Austin, March 8-9, for Annual Technology Recruiting Bonanza
- Engage Digital and kidSAFE® Seal Program Launch First Ever Digital Kids Safety Summit
- Digital Kids Conference Emcee Spotlight: Joi Podgorny and Richard Gottlieb
- Introducing KidsWire
- Earlybird Registration Ends Tomorrow! Register Now.
- Tech Career Expo Austin has the Jobs You Need: 1,100 Open Positions Available